Monday, January 5

B - Basketball



Fact:
When I was little, what I wanted more than anything in the world was to be a professional basketball player. I was like that until maybe 3rd or 4th grade. Now that I am 19, I now that that dream is completely done for, unless all the pro basketball players quit and the NBA asks all 5'8'' Korean college kids to play professionally.

I freaking LOVE playing basketball, but WHILE I play, I always feel frustrated or angry or annoyed either by myself or by the people I'm playing with. But I think playing sports always does that to guys because we're all so competitive. But I never feel satisfied when I play; I always feel like I need to play ONE more game after I finish my "last" game. But that's part of the joy that the sport brings to me. I love that it's team game, yet ONE above-average player can make all the difference for a team. It's like an oxymoron, kinda. Like how I love to play, but while I play I don't feel happy or full of joy. And like how I love watching the Lakers, but while I watch them I'll be super critical of all of their mistakes.

In the end, it's pure LOVE that I feel when I think of basketball. It's the first sport I fell in love with, and it most likely will be the sport I will play most often for the rest of my life.

Screw golf, I want to be able to drain 3 pointers when I'm 50 years old.

1 comment:

jen said...

5'8"? i think you're taller than that.