Tuesday, June 23

Humbled

So, for some strange reason, I had a sense of pride when it came to injuries dealing with ankles. The only time I had hurt my ankle was when someone fell on it during high school football. I never sprained it, broke it, or did anything to it during any activity, especially not in recreational basketball. I thought I was truly gifted with "strong ankles" and that I would be somewhat injury-prone. I always would tell people, confidently, that I rarely injure my ankles. I can play sports for years to come.

How wrong I was.


That is what my ankle looked like at about 1pm today. The area around the round bone sticking out looked like a swollen walnut. I never realized how bony my ankles looked until I got to compare my normal ankle to my swollen ankle. Man, I was in so much pain. I couldn't go to Summer school today because I could barely hobble on it.

I ended up at Good Samaritan, and through the x-ray, they found that I had cracked the outside of my ankle and chipped the inside. =/



So for now, I have my ankle in a soft splint, and I have to use crutches. Tomorrow, I'm going to an Orthopedic, who will determine if I need a cast or just a boot. Either way, I don't think I'm gonna be able to run for like 2-3 weeks minimum. SO SAD.


I have been humbled.


Now I'll go cry.

1 comment:

Irene said...

youre gay.
jk.
achilles...