I never understood the "mixtape" era of the 80's/90's.
People recorded songs onto actual tapes and gave them to each other. But the way they recorded was through a radio with a cassette deck. They would sit and sit in front of boombox and wait and wait until the song they wanted came on the radio; then they would hit record and wait for the song to end.
It always seemed like an ancient art compared to the mp3's and recordable CD programs that are basic on all computers for us now. We are able to visually see the songs we want, what order we want them in, and easily start over if we happen to mess up. But back then, people took so much time and put in so much meticulous thought that it seems like artwork. I guess that is the reason why mixtapes had so much reason behind them.
I'd say we have it 3105835935 times easier than the folks back then, but I still enjoy putting lots of thought into the songs and the order I choose when making CD's. After pouring over the sound and transition of the CD, the completed product is always something to be proud of.
Let's go back to mixtaping and thoroughly engulf ourselves in the music we share. I'd be glad to take a CD that you make. =]
It's almost 5 am. This is crazy talk. Goodnight.
4 comments:
my friend and i would "burn" tapes for each other. not songs from the radio though, but from different CDs. it was so much fun.. my boombox broke; i need a new one. sigh.
MAKE ME A MODERN-DAY MIXTAPE (cd mix) please, charles, if you ever have time (: i will make you one in return.
i love making mix CDs. and i love receiving them! we should swap. :)
aw did i inspire this post?? hahaha i'm almost done with yourss.
ooooooh so tHat's what a mixtape is...
make me a CD Charlie...pleasee! (:
Post a Comment