Sunday, November 8

Jay-Z Concert

My head is hurting.
People were smoking weed all around me and my crew, but it didn't matter. If it was going to enhance their concert experience, then more power to them. All I felt was joy and love all around me.

My already sore arms are killing me.
I could only be a slave to the commands of Jay-Z when he said "Bounce your arms like this!" I was bumping my hands, waving my shirt around my head, and throwing my arms from side to side in overflowing excitement.

My voice is gone.
Singing/screaming every Jay-Z lyrics I know was maybe a bad idea... hm... no way. Think about all the Jay-Z songs you know, and the lyrics you know to those songs. A lot huh? Losing my voice was so worth it.

My mind can't think straight.
I won't be able to recover from this epic concert. Seriously, I think I'm going to need a few days to recover and get over it. Every moment of that concert was just perfect. I was in my own world for those 4 hours.


$50 tickets,
being on the floor section ALL NIGHT,
seeing Jordan Farmar, Baron Davis, Jamie Foxx (he was literally less than 4 feet away from me) in the crowd,
watching J. Cole (seems legit) and Wale (freaking SICK end performance) open up,
being 10 yards away from Pharrell when he performed with N.E.R.D.,
and finally

just being able to experience a Jay-Z concert.
I will never ever ever be able to forget this concert.
I will forever throw the ROC in the sky.
The Blueprints, Reasonable Doubt, Life and Times, Black Album, Kingdom Come, every remix or song he was featured in... I have a newfound LOVE for Mr. Carter.




Blown away,
Charles

1 comment:

Grace Joy Kim said...

this is roc naTION.
pledge your allIGENCE.