Wednesday, February 3

Super Duper

Last night, around 3 or 4 am, I came to a decisive conclusion:

I will be staying for 5th year.

Sigh, that just means another year of UCLA undergraduate studies, where anal engineers will compete in every way possible to screw me over.  Assholes....

Anyway, the decision was not based on whether or not I'd be able to finish up my courses for my major.  The reason I decided on my Civil Engineering major in high school was because I wanted to go into Environmental studies, more than structural or geotechnical.  The "easiest" AP class at Temple City was considered APES (Environmental Studies) and supposedly our school didn't too well on the AP test because the teacher was so lenient and easy.  I got a 4 without studying and I really enjoyed the coursework, which then made me realize that I wanted to go more into that field of engineering.

So now here I am at UCLA forced to take structural and the oh-so-disgusting geotechnical courses that I have to take in order to graduate with a Civil Eng. degree.  I always had an idea of what I wanted to concentrate in for my major (and what I didn't *cough piece-of-shit-geotechnical cough*), but now the answer is clear:  I will be graduating with a Civil Engineering degree from UCLA in 2012 with concentrations in Structural and Water Resources Engineering, along with an Environmental Engineering Minor.  

Sounds awesome huh?

So thank you Lord for providing me with another year of UCLA, the Henry Samueli School of Engineering, Rose Bowl & Pauley Pavilion, Coach Neuheisel & Howland, and Westwood Village.  People probably aren't too happy about 5th year, but I'm all smiles.

All hail Westwood! (copyright Jay Chung)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey me too

Josh Yang said...

5th years are awesome.

Jay said...

at least you get to sit in the student section when our football team wins the national championship.