My Favorite NBA players in no particular order:
#1 Magic Johnson
I was probably too young to watch this guy play and fully comprehend his skills. How could one guy play any guard position, any forward position, AND the center position?! His passing skills were insane, he rebounded like a machine, and had the power to bang down low. His smile was brilliant. He is honestly one of my favorite players of all time. Thank God he was a Laker.
#2 Michael Jordan
Truthfully, I hated this guy. The Lakers would always lose to the Jazz during the playoffs and the Jazz would always lose to this guy and the Bulls. I hated how he always won and how he was so damn good. But I only hated him because he was such a winner. His swag was too awesome. He couldn't be stopped. I knew this. His opponents knew this. HE knew this too. Plus he was in Space Jams, one of the greatest movies ever.
#3 Shawn Kemp
The RAIN MAN!! This guy was awesome. His dunks were so damn powerful. He was quick and agile for a Power Forward. I will always love his super dark skin, high top fade hair cut (which matched his teammate Gary Payton's), and my favorite dunk of all time (actually, I just love the taunting AFTER the dunk).
#4 Eddie Jones
Before there was Kobe Bryant, there was Eddie Jones. Throughout 3rd grade (when I really got into watching NBA), this guy was my favorite. I remember I used to write stories in class and he would be the main character. #6 was my favorite number because of him. I used to have multiple collectible basketball cards of Eddie Jones. Eddie Jones was my hero. I LOVED Eddie Jones. Not many people can say that....
#5 Shaquille O'Neal
Yeah, there's a lot of Lakers on here, but Shaq was the shizz when he was on the Lakers and won those championships. He was the diesel and he was unstoppable. I remember how bad I felt for Mutombo when he couldn't stop Shaq. Shaq had such a good sense of humor too. Too bad he ends up being fat and lazy everywhere he goes now.
#6 Kobe Bryant
How could you not love this guy? Being a Lakers fan, I loved how people compared this dude to Michael Jordan even when he was a rookie. I remember reading little kid books on him and reading Sports Illustrated for Kids articles about Kobe Bryant. I remember watching him win the dunk competition his rookie year. Now he's arguably the best player in the NBA and my current lover. KB24FORLIFE.
Others to mention:
Kevin Garnett (before Boston), Baron Davis, Allen Iverson (76ers AI was my favorite), Penny Hardaway, Josh Smith.
No comments:
Post a Comment