While many people are leaving or getting ready to start a new year of college, I sit here knowing I still have about 4 solid weeks of summer left. Thanks to the quarter system that UCLA runs on, I can sit on my ass without a worry in the world. My sleeping pattern has been a bit messed up lately, so I've been sleeping in the early AM's and waking up around noon everyday; the sad part is that I have nothing planned anyway, so it's not like I'm getting in trouble. It's awesome.
But in all honesty, I like having things to do. I may feel overwhelmed and stressed when I have a lot in my daily schedule, but the feeling of accomplishment is always rewarding. That's why I can't wait for school to start. I'm not even excited for the social aspect of it; I just want things to do.
Schoolwork is kinda like a game. You have to kinda strategize and organize your schedule to get tasks done; whether it be finding time to study, going to class on time, or just grabbing a meal with friends, time can become very valuable during crunch time. I think that's why I feel extremely stressed at times of poor time management, and extremely satisfied when I successfully accomplish a goal.
So while I lazily let the days go by, I know I'm gonna wish it was summertime when I'm stressing over homework assignments and midterms. But those times of stress and troubles are what help us grow and mature. Much better than the times where we learn nothing and gain nothing.
p.s.
I'm not sure, but it looks like I'll be going to Korea for about 2 weeks. Not too thrilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment