Thursday, October 23

Don't Worry...

"Whatever."

That is my answer to many questions thrown my way and the final word said after an argument, a dispute, or a simple conversation. The way I see it, there really is no point in worrying so much about things. People get worked up about worldly things; relationships, schoolwork, opinions, blah blah blah. Why worry? The thing I don't get the most is how people who consider themselves super Christians and say that they put their WHOLE trust in God can worry so much about such material things. I'm definitely not one to judge, but it seems very contradictory to me.

I like the "Whatever" point of view on life because there really is no point in putting so much thought, emotion, stress, etc. into things that are going to end within a short period of time. If you truly feel like God is going to take care of you, why the hell do you have to worry about anything? If there was one thing I learned from the years of bible study and church, I think it would be that God will be there for me. Times will get hard, uncomfortable situations will come up, but fuck it. There's no point in getting so worked over it. Just know that you gotta do your thang, and know that God has your back.

You may think that I don't care at all about important things in life. But trust me, I do care. I always think about those topics of life, marriage, career path, death, religion, blah blah blah. But I always come to the same conclusion: "Whatever" nigga. I'll do what I do, and if you want to sit, analyze, and CARE so much about what I do, then go right ahead. I'm moving on, away from a situation that won't help me if I sit and mope.

I must sound like a total meathead who cares for nothing and for no one. It's okay. You can overanalyze this whole post and think how careless I am about this world. Or you can let go and rid yourself from the world. I don't want to preach, but God commanded us to rid ourselves from the world right? And as important as things may seem in our lives, such as work, school, family, relationships, they're all part what the world throws at us. Worries are part of what the world throws at us. As my nigga Bob Marley said, "Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing, is gonna be alright."

1 comment:

Stephen Kim said...

i feel ya bro

ecclesiastes baby. in the end, everything is meaningless. only God.

no worries. just live life to the fullest baby