New exercise tactic: Swimming.
I have never swam to exercise in my life before. The only times I went swimming was to play at my friends' houses. We would play Marco Polo or Colors or baseball in the pool, or maybe have racing competitions. But I never went into a pool in order to exercise. But I figured swimmers are in good shape, and they have pretty sexy bodies, maybe I should try it out too.
So on Tuesday, I have an 8am class until 10am, but I have a big break from 10am to 1pm. So I decided to head over to the pool during that break. It seemed like a good time since it was fairly early in the morning, the sun was just getting hot around that time, and I would be able to eat right after and just head to class after. Everything was going well; I got back to my dorm around 10:15am, got ready and put my trunks on, walked over to the pool, stretched a little bit and then dipped into the water.
Then I started swimming. And I realized how mutha-effing hard it was to swim laps. On the first length of the pool, I had to stop in the middle to catch my breath. I felt like I was dying. Omg.... I felt so pathetic and lame. I thought about the lifeguard who probably thought I was a weenie for trying to swim when I couldn't. I always prided myself for being able to swim well compared to a lot of my friends. But Tuesday was horrible. I look at the lane next to me and some old grandma was like smoothly just going stroke for stroke like it was nothing. Man, I felt so sad. But I got to the other side, and came back, and had to rest. In my head before I started swimming, I was thinking that I would be able to do like 10 laps at an easy pace. But I ended up doing 4.... and I was DEAD TIRED. So in total I swam like 20 minutes. And I went back to my dorm and showered. And then I had like an hour or two to kill before class, so I decided to take a nap.... but I couldn't wake up for my 1pm class. Wan-jun fail day.
Lesson learned: Get in better shape! Give more props to swimmers [Kevin Lee].
Hopefully I won't be as pathetic next week.
2 comments:
happy birthday in all forms of communication possible!
we swam for exercise in sd all the time. it was the best! we would have competitions with each other. but there was also endurance, not just speed. hahahaha.
Post a Comment